With everything we do at Lucy & Leo, we have you in mind. We choose to use organic fabrics because although cotton only makes up 3% of the total farmed land area, it accounts for more than 25% of the insecticides and 10% of the pesticides used worldwide, making it one of the most chemically treated crops. For us, it’s all about transparency. That is why at Lucy & Leo we choose to use organic cotton to do our part to reduce the number of pesticides used and help you feel good about the purchases you make for your baby’s delicate skin.
We choose organic fabrics because:
1. organic cotton is grown without the use of harmful pesticides and chemicals.
2. a chemical-free baby means a healthier baby. Infant skin is very absorbent, 20-30% more than adult skin. Wearing organic clothing ensures that these harmful chemicals do not come in contact with their skin.
3. chemicals and pesticides in traditional cotton farming run off into our land and into our water systems.
4. the health and wellness of the farmers producing our cotton matters. Farmers who work in traditional fields inhale toxic chemicals, which has been linked to health problems such as endocrine disruption, hormone imbalance, and even some types of cancer.
5. organic cotton washes really well, is super soft and is built to last.